Banana Bread Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
- 80 g (1/3 cup) honey
- 65 g (1/3 cup) light olive oil
- 65 g (1/4 cup) plant-based milk substitute15 ml (1 tbsp) chia
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 420 g (1 1/2 cups) ripe bananas, crushed
- 210 g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) nutmeg
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- In a bowl, combine honey, oil, plant-based milk substitute, vanilla and chia. Let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- After the 15 minutes of rest, add the bananas to the chia mixture. Beat with an electric mixer for about a minute.
- Stir the dry mixture into the liquids and beat, still using an electric mixer, until the batter begins to thicken (about an extra minute).
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 5-inch (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan, oiled and covered with parchment paper at the bottom.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
bananas! Moreover, the riper they are, the more the sweet taste of the bananas will come through.
* You can add 125 ml (1/2 cup) of one of the following ingredients: chocolate chips, nuts or seeds of your choice.
NUTRITION FACTS170 Calories
- 11 %Fat: 7 g
- Saturated 1 g
6 %Trans 0,1 g
- Polyunsaturated: 1 g
- Omega-6: 0,6 g
- Omega-3: 0,4 g
- Monounsaturated: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 6 %Sodium: 150 mg
- 9 %Carbohydrate: 28 g
- 8 %Fibres: 2 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protéines: 2 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 6 %Vitamin C
- 4 %Calcium
- 4 %Iron
- 30 %Manganese
- 10 %Phosphorus
- 10 %Potassium