Choco-Cashew Mousse Cake Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
PORTIONS : 10
Requires a 9-inch (23 cm) diameter hinged pan
- 70g (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 25 g (1/4 cup) cocoa
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 100 g (1/2 cup) cane sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) light olive oil
- 3.5 ml (3/4 tsp) vanilla extract
- 3.5 ml (3/4 tsp) almond extract
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) cream of tartar
- 280 g (2 cups) cashew nuts
- 160 g (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) plant-based milk substitute
- 30 g (1/3 cup) cocoa
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 120g (1/2 cup) water
- 5 ml (1 tsp) agar-agar powder
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (165° C). Oil and flour a 9-inch (23 cm) diameter hinged pan.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer. Gradually add the cane sugar and continue beating until smooth (about 3 minutes). Then add the oil, vanilla and almond extracts and beat again.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and beat again until smooth.
- In another bowl, start beating the egg whites on low, add the cream of tartar, then beat at high speed until peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the first mixture with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake on the centre rack of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Turn the cake over onto a wire rack and let it cool without unmoulding.
- Soak the cashews for 2 hours, then drain in a colander.
- Place the nuts in the blender. Add maple syrup, plant-based milk substitute, cocoa and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine water and agar-agar and boil for about a minute.
- Pour this mixture over the cashew mixture. Use a spatula to get all the mixture (the agar-agar will have slightly adhered to the sides of the pan). Blend until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the cooled cake, still in the pan, and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours.
This mousse cake will impress all your guests!
* When ready to serve: Cover the cake generously with chocolate shavings. Delicious with raspberries and a mint leaf. This colourful arrangement also adds an aesthetic touch to your cake, worthy of a great chef!
NUTRITION FACTS250 Calories
- 18 %Fat: 12 g
- Saturated 2,5 g
13 %Trans 0,1 g
- Polyunsaturated: 2 g
- Omega-6: 2 g
- Omega-3: 0,1 g
- Monounsaturated: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
- 3 %Sodium: 80 mg
- 11 %Carbohydrate: 33 g
- 12 %Fibres: 3 g
- Sugars: 19 g
- Protéines: 7 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 6 %Calcium
- 20 %Iron
- 35 %Copper
- 40 %Magnesium
- 50 %Manganese