Cashew Icing Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 500 ml (2 cups) cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (two tbsp) coconut butter
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsps) vanilla extract (or a little more, to taste!)
- Combine cashews, water and maple syrup in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut butter and vanilla and blend again to obtain a nice creamy icing.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container, which will allow it to thicken.
You can even use a pastry bag to decorate your cake with this icing!