Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free recipe (casein-free)
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
Requires 6 wide-open jars
- An angel cake recipe or a quick preparation of Golden Cake
- A recipe of cashew icing
Note: Add water, to taste, to obtain a cashew cream instead of icing.
- Fresh strawberries
- Homemade strawberry jam (Optional)
- Prepare the angel cake, as shown in the recipe. (There will be a piece of the cake left over after preparing the shortcakes).
- Prepare the cashew icing and, if desired, the homemade strawberry jam. Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- For the assembling of the shortcakes: place a few pieces of cake in the bottom of the jars, cover with cream of cashew, jam and strawberries. Repeat until the opening is reached, cover with the lid and refrigerate until ready to serve
A simple and enjoyable way to serve this strawberry season classic at a picnic!
* HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM
- 260g (2 cups) strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 105 g (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) organic cornstarch, diluted in the same amount of water
- Bring strawberries and maple syrup to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk until thickened.
- Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator.