Strawberry and Maple Pudding Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 520g (4 cups) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 60 g (1/2 cup) maple sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 185 g (1 1/3 cups) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 1 medium egg (45 g)
- 110 g (1/2 cup) cane sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) light olive oil
- 185g (3/4 cup) plant-based milk substitute
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Oil a 20 cm x 20 cm (8”x 8”) square pan.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries, maple sugar and lemon juice. Divide evenly into the bottom of the mould. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine egg, sugar, oil, plant-based milk substitute and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour, beating between each addition and until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Pour the batter over the strawberries and bake on the centre rack of the oven for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Note: The cooking time will always be a little longer if you use frozen strawberries.
You'll love this pudding to enjoy both winter and summer!