Martine's Grandmother’s Doughnuts Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
COOKING IN DOUGHNUT MAKER:
6 minutes per 7 doughnuts
BAKING IN OVEN:
15 minutes of cooking
- 220g (1 cup) cane sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 250g (1 cup) plant-based milk substitute
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 470 g (3 1/3 cups) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) cream of tartar
- Depending on the cooking method, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F) or heat the doughnut machine.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and egg yolks. Beat with an electric mixer to get an even texture.
- Dissolve baking soda in the plant-based milk substitute. Add this mixture and vanilla extract to the first mixture and beat again.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquids and, still using an electric mixer, beat until the batter thickens.
Here's a video that explains the next steps
- Beat the egg whites until firm with the cream of tartar and fold them gently into the batter with a spatula.
- Lightly brush the heating surface of the doughnut machine or doughnut pan with oil.
- Spoon in a little batter (the amount will depend on the size of the mould).
- Cooking in the oven: Bake on the centre rack for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Cooking with a doughnut machine: close the machine and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the machine over and cook again for 3 minutes.
- Remove doughnuts from the moulds and allow to cool on a wire rack. For maple doughnuts, they are plunged hot (without letting them cool).
- FOR MAPLE DOUGHNUTS: Bring maple syrup to a boil and remove the pan from the heat. Dip the doughnuts for 5 to 10 seconds in hot maple syrup (it is important not to dip the doughnuts while the syrup is boiling). Remove the doughnuts with a slotted spoon and let them cool on a wire rack. You can also simply sprinkle the doughnuts, as soon as they are cooked, with icing sugar.
Soaked in maple syrup... they'll vanish in plain sight!
Pour cette recette nous vous suggérons deux types de cuisson.
1- For the doughnut machine:
You can buy one at an affordable price in several stores that sell household and kitchen items. (Model below: Betty Crocker doughnut maker)
2- In a doughnut mould:
(Suggested model: Ricardo doughnut mould)
(With baking, however, the texture will be lighter, cake-like).
NUTRITION FACTS170 Calories
- 8 %Fat: 5 g
- Saturated 1 g
6 %Trans 0 g
- Polyunsaturated: 1 g
- Omega-6: 0,5 g
- Omega-3: 0,3 g
- Monounsaturated: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- 1 %Sodium: 15 mg
- 10 %Carbohydrate: 30 g
- 4 %Fibres: 1 g
- Sugars: 11 g
- Protéines: 2 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 4 %Calcium
- 6 %Iron
- 10 %Magnesium
- 30 %Manganese
- 8 %Thiamin