Choco-Fudge Squares Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
- 70 g (1/2 cup) margarine or ghee *
- 50 g (1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp) cocoa
- 3 large eggs (165 g)
- 110 g (1/2 cup) cane sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 70 g (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) sea salt
- 50 g (1/2 cup) finely chopped pecans
- 80g (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Oil a 20 cm x 20 cm (8” x 8”) pan.
- In a double boiler, melt margarine (or ghee) and cocoa.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs at maximum speed of an electric mixer, gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until smooth and creamy (about 3 minutes).
- Add cocoa mixture and vanilla extract and beat again.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon and chopped pecans. Add to liquid ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly with a wet spatula.
- Bake on the centre rack of the oven for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- As soon as you remove the crust from the oven, spread the melted chocolate across the surface.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
A recipe that will delight chocolate lovers!
*If you do not follow a diet excluding dairy products, you can use butter. Ghee (clarified butter) is consistent with the hypotoxic diet since casein (milk protein) has been removed.
As this recipe does not contain baking powder, it is important to beat the eggs well, which will lighten the batter. Cooking time may seem short, but you really need to avoid overcooking these squares to get the right texture.
NUTRITION FACTS150 Calories
- 14 %Fat: 9 g
- Saturated 2 g
11 %Trans 0 g
- Polyunsaturated: 1,5 g
- Omega-6: 1 g
- Omega-3: 0,1 g
- Monounsaturated: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
- 1 %Sodium: 35 mg
- 5 %Carbohydrate: 16 g
- 8 %Fibres: 2 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protéines: 2 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 2 %Calcium
- 8 %Iron
- 10 %Magnesium
- 20 %Manganese
- 10 %Copper