Custard Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
PORTIONS : 2 CUPS
- 35 g (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 2 eggs
- 105 g (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 315 g (1 1/4 cups) plant-based milk substitute, hot*
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsps) vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together flour, eggs and maple syrup.
- Gradually add the plant-based milk substitute, whisking until even.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously. Make sure the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes longer, stirring.
- Add vanilla, cover ** and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or until cream is well cooled.
* If you do not follow a diet excluding dairy products, cow's milk will provide the same results.
** To prevent a film from forming on the surface of the custard, you can place plastic wrap directly on it.
La quantité de liquide peut varier selon votre goût, pour une crème pâtissière plus ou moins épaisse.
When the custard has cooled, serve it in dessert cups, topped with the fresh fruit of your choice.
Fruit pie: Spread custard at the bottom of your crust and top with sliced or whole fresh fruit for a delicious fruit pie!
Chocolate pastry cream: Add 45 ml (3 tbsp.) cocoa to the flour and add 65 g (1/4 cup) plant-based milk substitute.
Orange and rum pastry cream: Replace plant-based milk substitute with:
- 125 g + 30 ml (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) plant-based milk substitute
- 125 g (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) brown rum