Blanc Manger with Maple Sugar Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
YIELD : 500 ML (2 cups)
- 75 g (2/3 cup) maple sugar
- 67.5 ml (4 1/2 tbsp) organic cornstarch
- 500g (2 cups) plant-based milk substitute
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) margarine
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk, beaten (omit for vegan version)
- In a medium saucepan, combine maple sugar and cornstarch.
- Whisk in the plant-based milk substitute.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously, always with a whisk. Make sure the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring. Remove from heat and whisk in margarine, vanilla extract and egg yolk (it is important to whisk when adding the egg yolk, to prevent it from cooking on contact with heat).
- Pour into dessert cups and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or until blanc manger is well cooled.
A simple dessert to prepare, delicious and always a hit!