Cinnamon and Pecans Buns Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
PREPARATION: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL LEAVENING TIME: 1H30
COOKING: 50 MINUTES
- 1 box of bread mix La miche angélique
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) cane sugar
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsps) instant yeast
- 360 g (1 1/2 cups) water at 45 degrees Celsius (113 °F)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) light olive oil
- 2 medium eggs, beaten (90 g)
- All-purpose flour La Merveilleuse for step 5
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) light olive oil
- 55 g (1/4 cup) cane sugar
- 35 g (1/3 cup) crushed pecans
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) grated nutmeg
- 80g (2/3 cups) icing sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) plant-based milk substitute
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine bread mixture, sugar and yeast. Then add the water, oil and beaten eggs.
- Beat the mixture with an electric mixer for about three to four minutes or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment at medium speed for three to four minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rest in the oven, light on, for an hour.
- After this rest time, stir the dough well with a wooden spoon.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Without kneading, flour the dough on both sides until it can be handled without stickiness. This step will use about 35 g to 45 g (1/4 to 1/3 cup) of flour.
- Then place the dough on a 20-inch (50 cm) floured parchment paper and gently roll into a 10-inch x 15-inch rectangle.
- Flour the top of the dough and cover with another parchment paper the same size as the first.
- Holding both ends of the parchment paper, turn the dough over on itself. The parchment paper on the underside will end up on top and vice versa for the other parchment paper.
- Remove the parchment paper from the top and lightly flour the dough, just so that it is not sticky.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together and spread evenly over the dough.
- Wrap the dough, starting on the longest side. Using a wet knife, cut the dough into 2-inch rolls. Place these slices in a 20 cm x 20 cm (8”x 8”) mould, oiled and lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven on the central grill, with the light on, and let rise for 30 to 35 minutes. Without removing the buns, turn on the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until golden brown.
- When out of the oven, slide the blade of a knife between the buns and the pan, unmould and let them cool on a wire rack for ten minutes.
- Then pour the icing on top of the buns.
The buns really need to be "glued" together to puff up, because gluten-free dough needs support to lift. If there is a small empty space left in your mould, simply fill it with a piece of apple... which can then accompany your buns!
NUTRITION FACTS250 Calories
- 15 %Fat: 10 g
- saturés 1,5 g
8 %trans 0 g
- Polyunsaturated: 2 g
- oméga-6: 1,5 g
- oméga-3: 0,6 g
- Monounsaturated: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
- 8 %Sodium: 190 mg
- 12 %Carbohydrate: 36 g
- 12 %fibres: 3 g
- sucres: 9 g
- Protéines: 3 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 4 %Calcium
- 8 %Iron
- 10 %Magnesium
- 50 %Manganese
- 10 %Copper