"La Merveilleuse" Gluten-Free Baguette Bread Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
PORTIONS : 8
- 30 ml ( 2 tbsp) chia *
- 385 g (2 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsps) instant yeast
- 3.5 ml (3/4 tsp) salt
- 360 g (1 1/2 cups) water at 45° C (113° F)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) light olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup (or honey)
- Finely grind the chia in a coffee grinder.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chia, flour, yeast and salt. Then add the water, oil and maple syrup.
- Stir vigorously with an electric mixer or stand mixer with a flat paddle at medium speed for about two minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let stand for 45 minutes at room temperature. After this rest time, stir the dough well with a wooden spoon.
- Oil and flour the baguette pan. Place the dough to form two baguettes about 30 cm (12 inches) long. Use a wet spatula to form the baguettes.
- Place in the oven on the central grill with the light on and let rise for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Without removing the bread, turn on the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until baguettes are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- After 30 minutes of cooling, slice and enjoy!
* You can replace chia with 60 ml (4 tablespoons) of flaxseed.
* I use the model "La Patisserie" from Linen Chest
Herbal : Add 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsps) of each: dried basil, dried oregano, dried marjoram to dry ingredients.
Maple caramelized apples and walnuts :
- 80 g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 50 g (1/2 cup) walnuts, chopped
- 110 g (1 cup) peeled apples, diced
- 3.5 ml (3/4 tsp) grated nutmeg
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
Cook all ingredients over medium-low heat in a frying pan until the maple syrup caramelizes. Allow to cool to room temperature. Add to baguette mixture after first rise.
NUTRITION FACTS160 Calories
- 6 %Fat: 4 g
- Saturated 0,5 g
3 %Trans 0,1 g
- Polyunsaturated: 1,5 g
- Omega-6: 0,5 g
- Omega-3: 1 g
- Monounsaturated: 1,5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 7 %Sodium: 170 mg
- 9 %Carbohydrate: 28 g
- 12 %Fibres: 3 g
- Sugars: 2 g
- Protéines: 3 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 4 %Calcium
- 6 %Iron
- 20 %Magnesium
- 80 %Manganese
- 20 %Thiamin