Aunt Lucie's Choco-Pumpkin Doughnuts Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
COOKING IN DOUGHNUT-MAKER:
8 minutes per 7 doughnuts
COOKING IN A MOULD:
15 minutes of cooking
- 105 g (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 25 g (1/4 cup) cocoa
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten (90 g)
- 60 g (1/2 cup) maple sugar
- 250 g (1 cup) pumpkin puree
- 65 g (1/3 cup) light olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 80g (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Depending on the cooking method, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F) or heat the doughnut machine.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and gradually add the maple sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Then add the pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquids and beat again with the electric mixer, until the mixture thickens (about 1 minute).
- Then add the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Lightly brush the heating surface of the doughnut machine or doughnut pan with oil.
- Spoon in a little doughnut batter (the amount will depend on the size of the mould).
- Cooking in the oven: Bake on the centre rack for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Cooking with a doughnut machine: close the machine and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the machine over and cook again for 4 minutes.
- Remove doughnuts from moulds and allow to cool on a wire rack.
A source of fiber and perfectly chocolate! Easy to make, we suggest two cooking methods that have the health advantage of no frying!
For this recipe we suggest two types of cooking.
1- For the doughnut machine:
You can buy one at an affordable price in several stores that sell household and kitchen items. (Model below: Betty Crocker doughnut maker)
2- In a doughnut mould:
(Suggested model: Ricardo doughnut mould)
(With baking, however, the texture will be lighter, cake-like).
NUTRITION FACTS120 Calories
1 doughnut 35 g
- 11 %Fat: 7 g
- Saturated 2 g
11 %Trans 0,1 g
- Polyunsaturated: 0,7 g
- Omega-6: 0,4 g
- Omega-3: 0,1 g
- Monounsaturated: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- 1 %Sodium: 15 mg
- 5 %Carbohydrate: 16 g
- 8 %Fibres: 2 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protéines: 2 g
- 8 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 4 %Calcium
- 8 %Iron
- 10 %Magnesium
- 20 %Manganese
- 10 %Riboflavine