Maple Muffins Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 1 box of Maple Chiffon Cake Mix from Cuisine l'Angélique
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 160 g (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 65 g (1/4 cup) plant-based milk substitute
- 65 g (1/3 cup) light olive oil
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 3.5 ml (3/4 tsp) cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Put the cake mixture in a large bowl. Add egg yolks, maple syrup, plant-based milk substitute, olive oil and vanilla. Beat the electric mixer at maximum speed or in a stand mixer with a flat paddle at medium speed for about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites. Start gently, add the cream of tartar, then beat at maximum speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites gently into the flour mixture using a spatula. Don't stir...that's the secret to a perfect chiffon cake!
- Spoon the batter into muffin pans lined with paper liners. Sprinkle maple flakes on top of each muffin.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Unmould directly out of the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.