Banana and hemp muffins Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
- 1 box of Muffin mix
- 2 large eggs (110 g) or egg substitute with chia
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 85 g (1/3 cup) plant-based milk substitute
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 420 g (1 1/2 cups) ripe bananas, mashed
- 60 (1/2 cup) hemp seeds
- Extra hemp seeds, for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, oil, plant-based milk substitute and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until foamy (about 2 minutes). Add the mashed bananas and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Stir the muffin mix into the liquids and mix, using an electric mixer, until the batter begins to thicken (about 1 minute).
- Add the hemp seeds with a wooden spoon. Pour the batter into muffin tins lined with paper moulds. Sprinkle the top with hemp seeds, as desired.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Discover exciting variations with our muffin mix.
Hemp seeds are very nutritious. They contain omega-3s and omega-6s, which are essential fatty acids. In addition, they are sources of fibre and protein. Add them to your diet! You can add them to salads, yogurt or smoothies to increase your protein intake.
(Nutritional values soon available)