Black forest muffins Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
- 1 box of Muffin mix
- 2 large eggs (110 g) or egg substitute with chia
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 280 g (1 cup plus 2 tbsp) plant-based milk substitute
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 195 g (1 1/2 cups) cherries, fresh or frozen, cut in 2
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, oil, plant-based milk substitute and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until foamy(about 2 minutes).
- Stir the dry mixture into the liquids and mix, again using an electric mixer, until the batter begins to thicken (about 1 minute).
- Add the cherries and chocolate with a wooden spoon. Pour the batter into muffin tins lined with paper moulds.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Discover exciting variations with our muffin mix.
Morello cherries are undoubtedly the best for this recipe and gives that typical taste of the cherries of a black forest cake. I confess that we are privileged to have, in Compton, an organic producer of these delicious cherries, which I stock for the whole year:
Délices de Compton
(Nutritional values soon available)