Spiced Pumpkin Muffins Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 350 g (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cloves
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 2 large eggs (110 g)
- 220g (1 cup) cane sugar
- 65 g (1/3 cup) light olive oil
- 500 g (2 cups) pumpkin puree
- 80g (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 50 g (1/2 cup) pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer, gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until frothy and creamy. Then add the oil and pumpkin puree and beat again.
- Stir the dry mixture into the liquids and beat with the electric mixer, until the batter thickens. Add the chocolate chips and pecans with a wooden spoon. Pour batter into a paper-lined muffin pan.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Unmould when out of the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
For breakfast, snack or dessert, I suggest delicious spiced pumpkin muffins, fluffy as can be!