Pumpkin Puree Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 1 pumpkin
- Wash the pumpkin well, then cut it in half and remove all the seeds and filaments. (Keep the seeds for the maple spiced pumpkin seed recipe)
- Place each half of the pumpkin in a roasting pan, peel up.
- Cover the bottom of the roasting pan with water and place on the centre rack of the preheated oven at 180 °C (350 °F).
- The pumpkin will be ready when the flesh is tender (the cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pumpkin).
- Remove from oven and place pumpkin halves on a baking sheet.
- Remove the flesh with a spoon and puree it in a blender, adding just a little water, if necessary.
- Freeze in airtight containers. *
Homemade pumpkin puree is much tastier than store-bought. In the fall, take advantage of this beautiful and colourful season to stock up on it!
*Freeze the amount required for the desired recipes.