Oil Pie Crust Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
By: Cuisine l'Angélique* SEE VIDEO
YIELD : 4 9-inch (23 cm) crusts
- 560 g (4 cups) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 35 g (1/4 cup) flaxseed
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 200 g (1 cup) olive oil
- 320 g (1 1/3 cups) cold water
- 1 medium egg (45g) (you can omit the egg for the vegan version)
- Finely grind the flaxseed in a coffee grinder. In a large bowl, combine flour, ground flax and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the oil, water and egg. You can use a fork, a whisk or a stand mixer. What matters most in making a successful oil pie dough, is that the water and oil are very well emulsified.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the liquid mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for a minimum of three to four hours (ideally overnight).
Instructions for rolling dough
- Divide the dough and flour the balls before flattening them, so that they are not sticky.
- Gently roll out each ball on a floured surface on one side only, without turning the dough over.
- If you need to move it, do so gently, lifting it gently and flouring the surface and rolling pin again. Always make sure the dough doesn't stick.
- Fold the dough in half, gently place it on the pie plate and then unfold it.
- Bake at 350°F on the bottom rack, until golden.
YOU CAN FREEZE UNCOOKED CRUSTS BY SEPARATING THEM WITH WAX PAPER.
NUTRITION FACTS130 Calories
1/6 de croûte
- 11 %Fat: 7 g
- Saturated 1 g
6 %Trans 0 g
- Polyunsaturated: 1,5 g
- Omega-6: 0,7 g
- Omega-3: 0,5 g
- Monounsaturated: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- 1 %Sodium: 20 mg
- 5 %Carbohydrate: 14 g
- 4 %Fibres: 1 g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Protéines: 1 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 2 %Calcium
- 4 %Iron
- 6 %Magnesium
- 20 %Manganese
- 6 %Phosphorus