Gluten-free Berry Pie Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan.
PORTIONS : 8
- 2 9-inch (23 cm) pie crusts, uncooked
- 130g (1 cup) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 195 g (1 1/2 cups) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 325 g (2 1/2 cups) fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 55 g (1/4 cup) maple sugar or cane sugar, to taste
- 105 ml (7 tbsp) de tapioca starch
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Line the bottom of the pie plate with a crust(deep glass plate).
- In a bowl, combine the berries, tapioca starch and sugar, stirring gently with a wooden spoon.
- Pour this mixture into the pie plate, and place the other crust on top, taking care to brush the edges of a beaten egg to seal.
- Make incisions on top to allow steam to escape and brush, if desired, with a beaten egg for a nice wash.
- Bake on bottom rack for about 60 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Let rest before serving to allow the tapioca to thicken.
I really like to make crust trellises to decorate the top of this pie. The beautiful color of the fruit is mouth-watering... just look! I confess that I really have a soft spot for fruit pies that contain cherries... and we are fortunate to have a grower of excellent cherries nearby, so I always have some on hand.
NUTRITION FACTS260 Calories
- 18 %Fat: 12 g
- Saturated 6 g
31 %Trans 0,1 g
- Polyunsaturated: 1 g
- Omega-6: 0,6 g
- Omega-3: 0,3 g
- Monounsaturated: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
- 1 %Sodium: 25 mg
- 13 %Carbohydrate: 38 g
- 16 %Fibres: 4 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protéines: 3 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 30 %Vitamin C
- 4 %Calcium
- 8 %Iron
- 50 %Manganese
- 10 %Phosphorus
- 10 %Thiamin