Homemade Frozen Fudgesicles Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
YIELD : ABOUT 10
- 75 g (2/3 cup) maple sugar
- 105 g (3/4 cup) cocoa
- 52.5 ml (3 1/2 tbsp) cornstarch*
- 500g (2 cups) plant-based milk substitute
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) margarine
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk, beaten**
- In a medium saucepan, combine maple sugar, cocoa and cornstarch.
- Whisk in the plant-based milk substitute.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Make sure the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring. Remove from heat and whisk in margarine, vanilla and egg yolk (it is important to whisk by adding the egg yolk, to prevent it from cooking on contact with heat).
- Simply freeze the mixture in ice lollipop moulds and you're done.
- Allow to freeze for a minimum of six hours.