Strawberry mousse Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free), hypotoxic and vegan
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
PORTIONS: 4 to 6
- 210 g (1 1/2 cups) cashew nuts, soaked for at least 4 hours and drained
- 290 g (1 1/2 cups) fresh strawberries
- 30 g (1/4 cup) maple sugar (or more, to taste)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) coconut butter
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 160 g (1 cup) fresh strawberries, cut into small cubes
- 30 g (1/4 cup) maple sugar
- Pistachios, cut more or less finely, for garnish
- Fresh strawberries, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender until creamy and smooth. Taste and if desired, add a little maple sugar and mix again.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until mousse is completely cold.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and maple sugar. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place part of the strawberry filling in the bottom of a glass or bowl.
- Then fill the glass or bowl with strawberry mousse and garnish with pistachios and strawberries.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Note: It is best to add the filling just before serving.
A creamy mousse that’s simply... Divine!