Crisp Buckwheat with apples and pears Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
- 140 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 80g (2/3 cups) maple sugar
- 80g (2/3 cup) buckwheat flakes
- 45 g (1/2 cup) quinoa flakes
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 35 g (1/4 cup) margarine *
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 250 g (2 cups) pears, peeled and sliced
- 200 g (2 cups) apples, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a bowl, combine flour, maple sugar, flakes and cinnamon. Add margarine using a pastry cutter or by hand to crumble until texture is crumbly.
- Then add the oil and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Oil a 20 cm x 20 cm (8 x 8 po) square pan. Squeeze half of the flake mixture into the bottom of the pan. Cover with pears and apples and press the rest of the flake mixture on top.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
The mixture of buckwheat and quinoa flakes is a wonderful substitute for the traditional oats, usually used in a crisp. As for the mixture of pears and apples, it’s a sure win!
If you do not follow a diet excluding dairy products, you can replace vegetable margarine with butter. Also, if you are following the hypotoxic diet, you can use ghee (clarified butter) which is conform with the diet.