Maple Caramelized Apple Bread Pudding Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
PORTIONS : 6
Requires 6 ramekins about 4 inches in diameter
- 300 g (3 cups) gluten-free bread in 1-inch (2 cm) cubes
- 250g (1 cup) plant-based milk substitute
- 80 g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 75 g (2/3 cup) pecans
- 210 g (2/3 cup) maple syrup
- 2 large apples, cubed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) light olive oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C). Oil the ramekins.
- In a bowl, soak the bread with the plant-based milk substitute and the 80 g (1/4 cup) maple syrup for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, dry toast pecans. Add 210 g (2/3 cup) maple syrup, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Divide the mixture evenly among the ramekins and set aside.
- In another skillet, fry apples over low heat with olive oil to soften.
- Add beaten eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and apples to soaked bread mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins and divide evenly. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet.
- Bake on the centre rack of the oven, about 45 minutes, until the puddings are golden brown.
- As soon as you remove from the oven, turn the puddings over onto a serving plate and serve hot.
This recipe is the perfect way to use your leftover bread. I really like to use the La Miche Angélique bread mix to make this delicious recipe!
You can keep all your uncooked ramekins, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Then you only have to cook them at the desired time!
NUTRITION FACTS450 Calories
- 29 %Fat: 19 g
- Saturated 3 g
16 %Trans 0,1 g
- Polyunsaturated: 5 g
- Omega-6: 3,5 g
- Omega-3: 0,7 g
- Monounsaturated: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 165 mg
- 7 %Sodium: 170 mg
- 21 %Carbohydrate: 64 g
- 16 %Fibres: 4 g
- Sugars: 38 g
- Protéines: 9 g
- 10 %Vitamin A
- 4 %Vitamin C
- 15 %Calcium
- 20 %Iron
- 120 %Manganese
- 60 %Riboflavine
- 50 %Vitamin B12