Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
YIELD : 2 12-inch crusts with edges or 3 thin 12-inch crusts
- 30 ml ( 2 tbsp) chia
- 385 g (2 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 3.5 ml (3/4 tsp) salt
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsps) instant yeast
- 385 g (1 2/3 cups) water at 45° C (113 °F)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- Finely grind the chia in a coffee grinder.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, chia, salt and yeast. Then add the water, oil and maple syrup.
- Stir vigorously, either with a wooden spoon, electric mixer or stand mixer with a flat paddle, on medium speed, about two minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let stand for 45 minutes at room temperature. After this rest time, stir the dough well with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Add 35 g (1/4 cup) of "La Merveilleuse" all-purpose flour to the dough and stir well.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead gently until less sticky. Unlike a traditional gluten paste, gluten-free dough should be handled with delicacy by folding at quarter turns without stretching too tightly.
- Divide the dough into 2 or 3 equal balls, depending on the type of crust desired. Delicately, using a rolling pin, roll the dough over a floured surface to obtain about half the surface area of the pizza plate.
- Place the dough in the lightly oiled pizza pan and finish spreading with your hands.
- Garnish to taste and bake on the centre rack for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown (check the bottom of the crust to make sure). The cooking time will vary depending on the filling also chosen.
* You can replace chia with 60 ml (4 tablespoons) of flaxseed.
* You can also pre-cook your crusts and freeze them for later use. To do this, cook for about eight minutes on the centre rack of the oven at 350° F (180° C) and let them cool on a rack.
NUTRITION FACTS150 Calories
- 5 % Fat: 3,5 g
- Saturated 0.5 g
3 %Trans 0,1 g
- Polyunsaturated: 1 g
- Omega-6: 0,3 g
- Omega-3: 0,6 g
- Monounsaturated: 1,5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 7 %Sodium: 170 mg
- 10 %Carbohydrate: 29 g
- 8 %Fibres: 2 g
- Sugars: 2 g
- Protéines: 2 g
- 2 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 4 %Calcium
- 6 %Iron
- 10 %Magnesium
- 45 %Manganese
- 15 %Thiamin