Smoked Trout Pizza Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
YIELD: One 12-inch pizza
- Olive oil, to taste
- 3 Italian tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g cold-smoked trout* (or smoked salmon)
- Fresh mushrooms, sliced, to taste
- Basil and dried oregano
- Fresh basil
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Allow the excess water from the tomatoes to drain for about 10 minutes, placing them between two paper towels.
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
- Brush your pizza crust with oil. If you have made your own dough, do not pre-cook it.
- Arrange tomato slices on crust and sprinkle with basil and dried oregano to taste.
- Add onion slices, then trout or smoked salmon.
- Garnish with mushrooms and fresh basil leaves, to taste.
- Brush mushrooms and basil very lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- If using dairy products, you can then sprinkle your pizza with grated cheese to taste.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.