New Brunswick "Ployes" Pancakes Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 140 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 140 g (1 cup) buckwheat flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 250g (1 cup) plant-based milk substitute
- 300g (1 1/4 cups) boiling water
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add beaten eggs and plant-based milk substitute and mix well, using a whisk. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiling water and whisk vigorously.
- In a hot skillet brushed with oil, pour about 80 ml (1/3 cup) of the mixture into the center of the pan and tilt around to spread slightly. Cook over low heat and don't flip it... that's the secret of a good "ploye!”
- If your batter doesn't form bubbles on top quickly, it's because your pan isn't hot enough. The trick for this kind of pancake is a well-heated pan, that is then kept at low heat, to properly sear the pancake but prevent it from burning underneath before it has finished cooking.