Pancakes on the Go! Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
YIELD : 8
- 140 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) salt
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) light olive oil
- 435 g (1 3/4 cups) plant-based milk substitute
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the centre and add eggs, maple syrup, oil, plant-based milk substitute and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer to obtain a smooth and even texture.
- In a preheated skillet brushed with oil, pour about 65 ml (1/4 cup) of batter into the center of the pan and tilt in a circular fashion for a nice thin, round pancake. The pancake will be ready to turn when the sides rise and it is golden underneath.
- Finish cooking and enjoy, topped with your choice of delicious fresh fruit!
These are the pancakes that I make for my children for breakfast during vacation. Topped with a variety of fresh fruits picked up at the market (mangoes, pineapples, oranges, bananas, papayas or grapefruit), each bite explodes with flavor!
* The success of a good pancake lies in its cooking (for my part, I like to use a cast iron crepe pan). Heat your pan over medium heat, brushing with oil. Afterwards, keep your skillet over medium-low heat and always brush with oil between cooking. To find out if the temperature is hot enough to cook your pancakes, pour a little batter. If it instantly sizzles, it's time to cook them!