Moroccan-Style Pork Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- About 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) pork fillets
- 1 can canned coconut milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) onion powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground ginger
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) mustard powder
- 2 pinches ground cloves
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 140g (1 cup) raisins
- 65 ml to 125 ml (1/4 to 1/2 cup) cilantro, chopped
Optional (to thicken sauce)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tapioca starch, diluted in the same amount of water
- Slice fillets into 1-inch medallions.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a casserole dish and cover (for baking) or in the slow cooker (if using).
- Bake: Bake on the centre rack of the preheated oven at 300 °F for about 4 hours or until the medallions are tender.
- Slow cooker: Cover and cook for low temperature for about 6 hours or until medallions are tender.
- Optional, for a creamy sauce: after taking out of the oven, transfer the broth to a small saucepan. Add the tapioca starch mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk until thickened. Pour over the medallions.
This blend of spices diffuses a delightful aroma.