Egg Roll Wrappers, vegan version Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
- 2 ½ cups (350 g) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- 40 g (4 tbsp) chia*
- 200 g (3/4 cup - 2 tbsp) water
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 100 g (1/3cup - 1 tbsp) water
- Place flour and salt in a bowl. Put aside.
- Grind the chia seeds and pour them into the 200 g of water. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, pour in the oil, 100 g of water and chia mixture.
- Stir until the flour is completely absorbed.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, or until smooth, elastic and non-sticky. Use just enough flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the work surface, no more.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours, ideally overnight, covered with plastic wrap.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin or using a pasta machine. Keep tucking it into itself until you get the desired thickness.
- Fill the wrapper with the pre-prepared filling.
Refer to this video to see the whole technique:
* I like to use white chia because I have observed a difference in the absorption of liquid, compared to the black chia. The best results are therefore with the white chia.
** See the filling recipe