Turkey Sausages with Apples and Maple Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
YIELD : 8 SAUSAGES
- 2 apples, peeled and finely chopped (about 180 g)
- 105 g (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 454 g (1 lb) ground turkey
- 20 g (1/4 cup) quinoa flakes
- 1 large egg (55 g)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) onion powder
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) pepper
- Oil, for cooking
- Combine apples and maple syrup in a large skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium-low heat until maple syrup caramelizes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Put all the ingredients (except the oil) in a food processor and stir until a ball is formed.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for 12 hours.
- Shape the mixture, with slightly wet hands, into 8 sausages. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper brushed with oil.
- Bake on the centre rack of the oven according to the time mentioned above for the cooking method chosen by turning the sausages halfway through cooking.
Traditional cooking: Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C
Hypotoxic cooking: Preheat the oven to 230° F (110° C).