Lamb Chops with Apricot Confit Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 8 lamb loin chops, about 1.2 kg (2 1/2 lbs)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 105 g (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 55 g (1/4 cup) sherry
- 55 g (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 150g (1/2 cup) apricot jam
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 230 °F (110° C). Spread parchment paper on a baking sheet and brush with oil. Place chops, pepper to taste, and bake on the centre rack for 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. After 30 minutes of cooking, place the chops in a 9” x 13” oiled baking pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Sauté onion and garlic over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add maple syrup, sherry, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Reduce heat to medium, stirring frequently, until mixture caramelizes. Pay special attention when the mixture begins to thicken to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and add apricot jam and salt. Mix well.
- Spread the apricot confit on the chops, cover and bake on the centre rack for 5 to 6 hours or until the chops are tender (cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chops).
A simple recipe to make but worthy of great restaurants!