Veggie-Pâté with Apple and Beetroot Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
- 35 g (1/4 cup) sunflower seeds
- 35 g (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) hemp seeds
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 110g (1 cup) beetroot, peeled and grated
- 110g (1 cup) apple, peeled and grated
- 110g (1 cup) sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 65 g (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) gluten-free tamari sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
- 105 g (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 50 g (2/3 cup) Red Star food yeast
- 240g (1 cup) hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Grind sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in a coffee grinder.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into an oiled mould of 20 cm x 20 cm (8 inches x 8 inches) or in 5 oiled ramekins 10 cm (4 inches) in diameter, to be about 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 60 minutes or until the pâté is firm and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving. Keep in the refrigerator.
Spread this veggie-pâté on small crackers or bread, as an accompaniment to soup. Another delicious suggestion is to serve it in a gluten-free tortilla , topped with lettuce and garden vegetables!
* This veggie-pâté freezes very well. Simply cover each ramekin tightly and then let thaw in the refrigerator before use.