Rhubarb Confit Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free), hypotoxic and vegan
YIELD : 185 ML (3/4 cup)
- 227 g (1/2 lb) rhubarb, cut into small cubes
- 105 (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- In a small saucepan, combine rhubarb and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add rhubarb mixture, mint, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and salt.
- Continue cooking over low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture caramelizes (15 to 20 minutes).
An original accompaniment for red meats such as rabbit,duck, or lamb, in addition to any others.
For those who do not have dietary restrictions on dairy products, this confit is absolutely delicious on a melting brie, enhanced by dry-roasted sliced almonds!