Giant Pumpkin and Molasses Cookies Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
YIELD : ENVIRON 18 BISCUITS
- 50 g (1/3 cup) flaxseed
- 455 g (3 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour "La Merveilleuse"
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking soda
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) ground ginger
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) plant-based milk substitute
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 50 g (1/4 cup) light olive oil
- 165 g (3/4 cup) cane sugar
- 360g (1 cup) molasses
- 250 g (1 cup) pumpkin puree
- Finely grind the flaxseed in the coffee grinder. In a bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Combine plant-based milk substitute and cider vinegar. Set aside. Put the egg, oil, cane sugar, molasses and pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Stir vigorously with a whisk.
- Using an electric mixer, blen the dry ingredients with the liquid mixture, alternating with the plant-based milk substitute and mixing after each addition. Start and finish with the dry ingredients. Beat until mixture thickens (about a minute).
- Cover the dough and let stand in the refrigerator for four to six hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Spoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake on top rack for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Gently remove the cookies with a spatula and allow to cool on a wire rack.
* As molasses liquefies very quickly when baking, the gluten-free cookie dough must really be very cold before baking. This allows the cookies to cook without flattening too much.
** I like to use an ice cream scoop to get same-sized cookies.
Enjoy decorating for the season!
NUTRITION FACTS200 Calories
- 7 %Fat: 4,5 g
- Saturated 0,5 g
3 %Trans 0,1 g
- Polyunsaturated: 1,5 g
- Omega-6: 0,5 g
- Omega-3: 0,8 g
- Monounsaturated: 2,5 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
- 9 %Sodium: 210 mg
- 13 %Carbohydrate: 39 g
- 8 %Fibres: 2 g
- Sugars: 16 g
- Protéines: 2 g
- 6 %Vitamin A
- 2 %Vitamin C
- 20 %Calcium
- 30 %Iron
- 25 %Copper
- 30 %Magnesium
- 70 %Manganese