Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free) and hypotoxic
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 1 box of Pie crust mix
- 2/3 cup organic solid fat of your choice
or 1/2 cup organic olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 teaspoon organic cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, empty the contents of the box
- Method with fat: Cut the fat into the dough by hand or with a pastry cutter until the texture is crumbly.
Oil method: Beat together oil, egg, water and cider vinegar.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and add the liquid ingredients.
- Stir with a fork until all the water is well incorporated, forming a ball.
- Place the dough on waxed paper. Don't be surprised, it'll be sticky.
- Close the waxed paper and put it in a plastic bag.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours. Optimal yield after 12 hours of refrigeration
SPECIFIC DOUGH-ROLLING INSTRUCTIONS INSIDE THE BOX