Pepper Squash and Cauliflower Soup Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
PORTIONS: 1,5 litre (6 cups)
- 30 ml (2 c. à soupe) d'huile d'olive
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 600 g (4 cups) pepper squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 400 g (3 cups) cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced (about 150 g)
- 500 ml (2 cups) water (or chicken or vegetable broth)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 7.5 ml (11/2 tsps) fresh sage, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 3.5 ml (3/4 tsp) sea salt
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) pepper
- In a large saucepan heat oil. Add onion, garlic, squash and cauliflower.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add a little water if necessary.
- Add potato, water (or broth), herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes over low heat, or until vegetables are tender.
- Reduce to desired consistency in a blender. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Always welcome on cold autumn days, you will surely enjoy this pepper squash and cauliflower soup.