Spicy carrot muffins Recipe Gluten-free, dairy-free (casein-free),
hypotoxic and vegan
By: Cuisine l'Angélique
- 1 box of Muffin mix
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 teaspoons) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ground ginger
- 0.5 ml (1/8 teaspoon) ground cloves
- 2 large eggs (110 g) or egg substitute with chia
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light olive oil
- 280 g (1 cup plus 2 tbsp) plant-based milk substitute
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 220g (2 cups) grated carrots
- 75 g (3/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, combine muffin mix and spices. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, oil, plant-based milk substitute and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until foamy(about 2 minutes).
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix, using an electric mixer, until batter begins to thicken (about 1 minute).
- Add carrots and pumpkin seeds with a wooden spoon. Divide dough amongPour batter into muffin tins lined with paper moulds.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.